30 May, 2008

Tired of High Gas Prices? I Can Help.

Are you tired of high gas prices? Are you looking for ways to save on gas? Are you willing to sacrifice some of the smallest creature comforts to save 15-30% of your gas? Well then don’t be a dipshit!
You may be a dipshit if you are using the AC in your car on only the 4th warm day of the year. It’s not even June yet people and I see half the cars on the road with their windows rolled up and their tailpipes drooling AC coolant. What’s your problem, dipshit? If I hear any of you udder one more word about high gas prices and how “someone should do something about this” I’m gonna laugh in your face and point to the rolled up windows in your SUV. Don’t be a dipshit! And don’t think your not part of the problem or the solution. Dipshit. I'm in my early 30's and I didn't grow up with AC. I'm a child of rolled down windows and fans. But as soon as I got an apartment with AC my life was changed, but not entirely for the better. As soon as we're used to AC it's hard to go back, but C'mon. Do you remember hearing birds sing and kids playing outside? You used to hear that when you had your windows open. You lose that when you are a shut-in. Do you remember the lilacs and the honeysuckle growing outside of your house window? Did you too grow up across the street from a bakery and smell sticky buns being baked at 4am? You miss all of that with AC. Do you remember fresh air and the occasional breeze blow in your window and remind you that there is a world out there? Come back. Come back. Roll down your windows today when you go out to lunch. Roll down your windows when you go home tonight and rest your arm in the sun. You may see that you are losing more creature comforts than you are gaining when you shut yourself in and turn the AC on. On yea, and you will save on gas. Dipshit.

No comments: