12 May, 2008

Penguins /Flyers Heating Up!

The NHL Stanley Cup playoffs are really heating up now. I caught the Penguins/Flyers game last night and couldn't break away from it (so why did I go to bed with 3 min left in the game?). I could only imagine the rugged playing that would come from a state rivalry like Philly/Pitt and I was not let down. Within the first 5 min of the game they were already scraping pools of blood off the ice. I haven't seen that much blood on the ice in quite a while. I hope that Braydon Coburn is alright. The Flyer took a slapshot to the face and did not return. That was a shot heard round the rink. But that did nothing to soften the game of either side. There were more fights than goals scored last night and I was on the edge of my seat. Not because of the fights but because I just didn't know what was going to happen next. I was pulling for the Flyers but they couldn't pull it off as they lost 4-2. I guess I'm more of a Flyers fan than any other team in the area. I can't believe they weren't showing the Red Wings game though. That's where my allegiance lies. Hopefully I can catch a wings game before they send to Stars packin' for the season. Dallas...hockey...huh? I'm not a fan of hockey towns who don't have naturally occurring ice in their area. And then they win the Cup to boot! Blasphemy! 'eh?

No comments: