11 May, 2008

Happy Mother Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers and to all of you who have mothers, for it is you who will be doing the spoiling of mothers today. Let us all have a good day.

I'm taking my family to the international Map exhibit at the Walters Art museum downtown today. My mom and dad raised me on maps and Nat. Geographic. Mom will love it. Dad will too. I can remember sitting on my mom and dad's laps and looking at the pictures in the National Geographic when I was a wee one. I've always love the photos and the humorous juxtaposition that crops up in unexpected places. So maps and geography have been in my family for a while. In fact, it was my mother who first told me about this exhibit. She will be happy today.
SueSue is making her soon-to-be famous chicken-bacon salad sandwiches for lunch. This is a snazzy recipe we found at a sandwich shoppe in London earlier this spring. Marvelous.

Weather is a refreshing 65F and the sun is out.
And I just remembered that it is my maternal grandfather's birthday as well. He and I had a birthday 5 days apart. I don't remember how old he would've been this year. I'll have to ask my mother.

No comments: