06 May, 2008

My Day Gets Better

What a lovely evening I had tonight. Yes, it was my birthday evening and my sweetie had a little something planned for me. I knew I was going to Gertrudes and yes that happened but there were a few other surprises to come before.
Sweets got home from work and we headed back into rush hour traffic. But that's OK, we picked up the latest Jack Johnson cd so even honking traffic was a breeze.
We headed south to Federal Hill and sweets took me to cupcake happy hour at the Baltimore Cupcake Co. It was cute, really. But there was no seating inside so we bought a 1/2 dozen cupcakes with no place to go. Hmm. Luckily, lust behind the building on Fort St. was a middle school with a small playground. So, being as that we're a cute couple, we walked to the playground, sat on a big wooden structure and ate cupcakes. It was really sweet. It's not what we expected but when I stopped and looked around at where we were and what we were doing it was just precious. Thank you, sweetie.
We then headed St. Patricks around the corner on Andre St. for a quick cider before our table was ready at Gertrudes.
Gertrudes was lovely as expected and I had a lovely birthday dinner. I don't feel like being a critic right now so I'm not going into detail with the meal but it was splendid nonetheless.

So I'm home now and have to get on with the next phase of birthday cheer...and bloggin' aint on the agenda.

Cheers!

No comments: