16 May, 2008

Ass Facting 101

Ass Fact. Verb. To give incorrect advice or information but in a manner that convinces correctness and wisdom. “Dude, your totally assfacting right now.”

I did not invent this term but read it in the glossary of terms in the back of a Lip Magazine Anthology http://www.lipmagazine.org/ However, I must admit that I tend to do quite a bit of assfacting in my free time. I think of Cliff Claven who is probably one of the best ass factors in recent history.

In my long history of ass facting I can remember convincing my brother that Havarti was a type of ham. He bought it until my girlfriend called me out and told him that it was a cheese. Fine, whatever.

Men have historically been the largest ass factors around. Maybe we just like to hear ourselves talk. I know I do. Anybody else know what I’m talking about here and have an ass fact stories of their own?

No comments: