03 November, 2011

Sportin' a Brostache For Movember


Ladies and gentleman. Bros and sistas. Movember is now upon us.
"Hey, DB, what's this Movember you speak of?"
I'm glad you asked, random second person.
Movember (a neologism that is a portmanteau of the slang word "mo" for mustache and "November") -Wikipedia
'Er, uh, thanks for nothing wiki-mush-mouth.
Movember is an annual, month-long event involving the growing of mustaches during the month of November. The event was conceived in 1999 by a group of mustached mates in Australia to raise awareness of men's health issues such as prostate and testicular cancer. The event has since scraggled it's way around the world and last year alone the US Movember stached away more than $80M for the cause.
Over here at Daily Breather central we've (I've) thrown our razor down and decided to jump on the stache-coach and ride this manly hair lip into December. DB here is not afraid to sport a flavor saver and if I can grow pubes on my face to raise awareness of cancerous nut sacks then I'm all for it.

And I'm not the only one putting my lip on the line for a donated dime. Check around your community and you may see a few more handlebars and Rollie Fingers lurking in your neighborhood. Head on over to one of my more favorite blogs and see a few posts already whisked up for Movember: The City That Breeds
This is where I first caught onto the idea and it's been growing ever since.
Need more info? Check out US Movember for Movember in the US action.
Hell, if I learn how to use that new fangled smart-ass phone of mine I might even be able to upload a progress report on the stache. There has to be a camera feature on that thing somewhere.

No comments: