22 December, 2009

21 Inches of Snow Seperates the Good Neighbors From the Bad.

In times like these when everyone is in the same situation you really get to see who your good neighbors are.


Many of us live in neighborhoods where we know some of our neighbors and some of us live in neighborhoods where we know all of our neighbors.

But if you want to know who the good ones are, and by default know who the bad ones are, just wait for a blizzard like this.

Sunday morning met my street with the saem problems that the rest of the city had.  Damn near 2 feet of snow and nothing but a shovel and a few good neighbors to remove it all.  So we got to work.  Six of so able bodied menfolk outside taking to the street like we do this for a living.  Luckily my car and my Suesue's car were parked together so it made digging easier.  It would have been nice to have them parked in front of our house but hoopty van up the street decided to take my spot the night before.

Meanwhile, I parked my car across the street and there was an empty space behind hoopty van that we designated as the snow pile. It had to go somewhere so I sacrificed another space in front of our house for a snow pile.

Did hoopty van dude come out to help dig out? No. Did he get out to shovel off his sidewalk so people could walk up the street? No. Did he let the kindness of good neighbors dig him out so he could get his hoopty van ass out of my spot? Yes.

Fortunately, on Monday I didn't have to go into work so I did some shopping. Hoopty van was gone but in his spot (my spot, really. It's in front of my house, he has his own damn space) he put an orange cone and piece of plywood down in the space to indicate that this was his reserved spot.

DUDE!!
Did you dig this spot out? NO.
Is this your parking space? NO.
Do you have any right to this space on any other day? NO.
Are you a bad neighbor who doesn't shovel anything or clear his walkway? YES (I had to give him one).

I could only hope to get back home before he returned but no good. He returned to the same spot that he "reserved" for his own velvet Elvis seat covered, ugly ass gas guzzling Ro-Fo coffe cup littered, pain in my ass 'cause he don'e shovel shit, hoopty van.

Get some salt on your sidewalk, asshole!  And clean up the shit in the front sidewalk area from your yappy-ass dog too.  The snow's not gonna bury it forever.

2 comments:

Siana said...

Our neighbors were AWESOME. They cleared the sidewalk on our side of the block and then spent the morning helping the rest of our block dig their cars out. I bought them a case of Miller that day so they could relax after all their hard work.

Unknown said...

loll