11 November, 2008

Uh...Wait. Do I Still Love Obama?

Below is an Email I just got from Moveon.org.
If you are on the mailing list then you probably got the same email.
In the past week I've gotten invitations to buy Victory bumper stickers, Posters and now T-shirts...To help repay the DNC. Repay the DNC? For what? For doing their job and running a candidate we would vote for? Wait a min. We donate before the election to support the candidate. We don't pay after to reimburse those who put more in. Who are we paying back? Is someone getting back their investment at our expense?? Does this sound all too familiar or am I already hating our new president? Someone, please tell me I'm wrong!


I've never dealt with MoveOn when they were actually loving a president. This could get ugly.
Here's their letter...

Friend -- In the months and years ahead, we're going to accomplish amazing things together. No president has ever had the support of such a powerful grassroots movement, and Barack and Joe will need you to continue fighting alongside them. But before we take the next step, we need to get our house in order. The Democratic National Committee poured all of its resources into building our successful 50-state field program. And they played a crucial role in helping Barack win in unlikely states like North Carolina and Indiana. We even picked up an electoral vote in Nebraska. The DNC took on considerable debt to make this happen. Make a donation of $30 or more now to help the DNC pay for these efforts, and you'll get a commemorative 2008 Victory T-shirt.
The DNC began building a 50-state organization in 2005. The infrastructure they put in place over the last four years opened up a new batch of battleground states where a Democratic nominee hadn't been competitive for a generation. In the final few months, the DNC went above and beyond to expand our ground efforts and ensure victory. We couldn't have won this election without their support. As we start laying the groundwork for real change, we need to help the DNC recover the resources it took to win. Please make a donation today and get your 2008 Victory T-shirt: http://my.barackobama.com/page/m2/55c13974/506d20f9/9e59ff1/11884a3f/3588423768/VEsF/ This movement for change is just getting started, and we look forward to working with you to bring the change this country needs. Thanks for everything you did to elect Barack and Joe, Obama for America

Photobucket


4 comments:

Unknown said...

They were driving me a bit crazy with their emails (the campaign, not Moveon. Luckily, emails from Moveon get to my Yahoo account, which I never open). I wrote a short letter with a campaign suggestion and after that I got a "Sorry we can't answer individually to everyone" email, which was followed by a daily, "Last time, I promise. Give us your money" emails.

Don't they realize that if the country had money to give, most likely McPalin would have been President?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the elevator contribution. You are now referenced in my blog :-)

Anonymous said...

I think the most audacious part is: "Make a donation of $30 or more...." I guess they'll refuse a smaller shakedown.

Unknown said...

I don't normally make campaign contributions and didn't this time either. But the idea of filling up the DNC coffers after they ran a candidate just rubs me the wrong way. Is this a feel good tax?