29 April, 2008

Trucker Jammin'!

Hey! Did you see the mass protest of truckers in the DC Capitol yesterday giving Congress what for on the gas prices? Naw, me neither. Upon my reading the article two pictures came into my head. One: Some crazy trucker slammed his rig through the wall of some federal building! Two: Truckers made a giant convoy and choked off traffic in the capital all day!

Bummer. Neither picture materialized.

The AP stated yesterday,"Traffic was not significantly affected by the convoy of vehicles, though a few truckers drove through red lights as they honked their horns." Honked their horns? A symbol of their discontent perhaps? I was not impressed. I was actually depressed. C’mon! I thought you guys and gals were truckers! Take it Over the Top! I was hoping for a traffic cluster bomb and people having to deal with it.

Personally, I don't mind traffic too much but what I really hate about it is the individuality it creates as a mass of people with the same problem believes that they should be able to get through the mess faster and easier and with a slight privilege. Why? Because you’re the only one being affected here? I'm here too. But it’s a bit of a calming affect knowing that everyone else will be handling this stress for me so I can just sit back and enjoy my trashy radio.

Traffic is also one of those man-made situations that allow you to do some of the best people watching, provided you are sitting still and not rubbernecking. If you are rubbernecking MOVE ALONG!!

No comments: