10 February, 2010

Snowed In In Hampden

 

This is my car under the snow of last night.  I was driving it just last night.

 
Not going anywhere for a while?  Naw,  me neither.  Good thing there are 5 bars still withing walking distance.  I think I'll take advantage of the 1/2 price drafts at 13.5% today.  


 
This was our back yard at the 22" mark on Saturday.  Good thing I don't have to shovel out my yard.  BUt having a full city block yard does have its disadvantages.  I have 2 sidewalks to shovel out.  


 
This was last Saturday on Roland Ave. while one of the news crews was talking to some of Hampden's finest. 


 
I wonder if this was a photo op?   We got out of 13.5% to see the mayor at the 7-11 on Falls and 36th talking to camera crews.  3 city plow trucks past by her while they were filming.  OK, so trucks are out and working.  So why didn't any of them drop their plow and plow out the Avenue?  


 

Random car on Chestnut St. Sat night.  Maybe it's a van.  Who knows?  We'll find out in the spring thaw.



3 comments:

OM said...

Not saying it wasn't a photo-op, but the trucks (at least some of them?) come from Old Falls Rd., so it makes sense for them to drive through Falls Rd. and The Avenue.

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

stekome said...

http://kratosellas.blogspot.com online-sport,video,news,foto http://kratosellas.blogspot.com