11 December, 2008

Need anything from walnart?

Have you ever sent a text message about going to walnart?
-Need anything from walnart?
-Y dog food.

In my T9 function on my cellphone spells "walnart" when I mean Walmart.
Not only has it done this once but it refuses to learn my history of correcting it and typing walmart. Why does my phone refuse to type the word walmart?
I no longer question it. It is walnart to me now. Need anything form walnart? Yea, Pepto Bismol, socks and a tire iron. Got it.

Try it. Does your T9 function know "walmart" or walnart?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine says walnart too -- so i thought -- well maybe walnart is an actual thing. so i google it and i ended up at this blog. i too just refer to it as walnart. close enough.

Unknown said...

So this is where people will end up when they Google Walnart. It's just Walnart to me now too.

Anonymous said...

now that's funny.... when Walnart gets googled, your blog is gonna come up. Hy-ster-i-cal.

Cate said...

I've been getting walnart too. I thought maybe I accidentally spelled it that way once, but a friend suggested I google it to see if it's real. Here I am. Maybe it's a joke from the creators of T9word?

Unknown said...

Yes, I believe our phones are leading the crusade against Walnart. I'm still #1 in a Google search of Walnart. Interesting. But now that "Bing" is trying to take over the world I "Binged" Walnart and it automatically "corrected" my spelling and took me to thousands of pages for WalMart.
'Nuff said. Bing sucks.

Anonymous said...

Walnart forever!

Unknown said...

Huh. My phone just lets me get as far as "Walnc" and decides that I have finished adding letters.

Unknown said...

I think I'm still the only person who has a cell phone crappy enough to still rely on T9. And Bing still sucks.

Unknown said...

Update. I still have a crappy T9 phone and this blog still comes up in a walnart Google search. Sweet.